As a state funded school, the students who attend PSE are public school students and receive South Carolina High School Diplomas. However, unique to PSE, the school offers four different academic tracks to choose from in 9th grade to make the educational experience more adaptable to the individual student.
Track 1 – Accelerated
- Earn more credits in a shorter period of time. Students can elect to take semester/block courses.
- Richer, more fulfilling courses, like Advanced Placement (AP), Honors, and dual credit (earning high school and college credit at the same time)
Track 2 – Standard
- Usually able to graduate in four (4) years or even three years, with prior approval
- May also enroll in similar or same courses as Accelerated Track
Track 3 – Adaptive
- Similar to preceding two tracks
- Suited to students with health, family, or work issues which prevent them from taking a full complement of courses
- Earning a high school degree may take longer; 4 to 5 years
Track 4 - Career Prep
- Suited to students attracted to non-traditional high school courses of study leading to careers in a trade
- May choose to supplement their chosen high school track with other courses offered to any other student
- Opportunity to earn credits from internships and on the job training per the school’s partnerships with various employers
Dr. Barbara Stoops, Executive Director of Palmetto State E-cademy
I believe our greatest asset is that we offer our students the opportunity to graduate from high school in a time frame that is based upon the student’s needs following one of four different tracks to create a schedule that is unique to each student.
The flexibility offered at Palmetto State E-Cademy affords students who start with us in the 9th or 10th grades the potential to graduate in as few as three years with as many as 30 college credits, or in five years with a South Carolina high school diploma.