Student success in any school begins with parent involvement. This statement is definitely true for students who attend an online high school. While we provide outstanding teachers and a curriculum that is engaging, without consistent parent involvement even the best students can struggle.
Parents need to check their student’s courses daily to ensure that he or she stays on track and submits all course assignments within grading periods. You will receive a progress report every three weeks that describes your student’s progress and grades. Parents and students also receive a 9-Week Report Card that shows final student grades that will be used in calculating semester and course final grades. Watch for this report, review it carefully, and discuss any questions you might have with your student and your student’s teachers.
We give you the tools you need to generate success for your high school student. These tools include:
- A Palmetto State E-cademy email account
- Access to your student’s online gradebook for viewing assignment grades and teacher feedback
- Emailed progress reports every three weeks
- Detailed school attendance records reported through Homeroom
- Automatic calls and email notifications when your student does not meet weekly attendance requirements
- Teacher phone numbers and email addresses so that you can contact teachers directly
- Access to your student’s courses so that you can see what your student is learning
- Detailed activity logs showing you EVERYTHING your student does during the day
Our efforts to support you and your student throughout high school can certainly help to ensure successful completion of all required coursework. Then you, your student, and your family will be able to join with us to celebrate your student’s graduation!