Every student deserves an opportunity to excel and an honest and real chance to reach his or her full potential. At Palmetto State E-cademy our mission is to provide this opportunity. Palmetto State E-cademy’s online learning instructional model will leverage research – based, 21st century learning skills in order to facilitate self-motivated, competent, life-long learners who participate effectively in society. We intend to provide an excellent educational alternative for those high-school-age students throughout the State of South Carolina who, for a variety of reasons, do not attend high school, or who may benefit from a non-traditional school setting. Palmetto State E-cademy is available to all high school aged youth seeking an alternative academic setting, no matter what their specific life circumstances may be.
Palmetto State E-cademy, authorized by the South Carolina Charter School District, exists to meet the diverse needs of all individuals in a learner-centered environment. We believe that the use of effective technology and successful teaching strategies will result in students with an appreciation for life-long learning and the ability to become competent, productive 21st century citizens. — PSE Charter
At Palmetto State E-cademy, We Offer:
- Free tuition for South Carolina residents
- An excellent education with award-winning courses and online instruction from highly qualified and state-certified teachers
- A media-rich, standards-based curriculum of core, world language, Advanced Placement, dual credit, and elective courses
- Flexible pace and schedule
Why Palmetto State E-cademy?
Palmetto State E-cademy is a unique alternative to a traditional school. We provide students with quality, flexibility, and choice. Media-rich, interactive courses are supplemented by weekly online instruction from experienced faculty. Our high school graduates earn a South Carolina diploma which is accepted at universities and colleges throughout the U.S.
Hear what our students and parents have to say:
Palmetto State E-cademy is Achievement
His teachers are excellent teachers. They do a lot to make the kids feel confident that they can achieve results. – Patricia
Palmetto State E-cademy is Flexibility
I can work ahead or work with my class. It’s my choice. – Jennifer
I like that I can get up in the morning and spend however much time on a subject as I need. I can even work on my classes in the middle of the night if I want to. I love this school! – Erica
Palmetto State E-cademy is Independence
My daughter has the freedom to pursue the things she’s really passionate about. – Dawn
Palmetto State E-cademy is Spirit
We went to a Palmetto State E-cademy dance and the kids were hanging and dancing with each other because of who they were, not what they looked like or what clique they had to fit into. – Tony
Palmetto State E-cademy connects students, teachers, and parents.
- Being part of a thriving high school community at Palmetto State E-cademy is easy: our teachers are easily accessible to you, you can communicate with other students, and parents can stay involved.
- The Palmetto State E-cademy learning model allows for both one-on-one interaction between teachers and students, and dynamic teacher-moderated student group discussions.
- At Palmetto State E-cademy, you’ll also benefit from college placement advice, job and career counseling, and community volunteering opportunities.
Our highly qualified faculty, all South Carolina certified, is eager and excited to share their vast knowledge and experience throughout the upcoming school year. Our teachers have worked hard to prepare an enriching course of study designed to educate and stimulate a passion for learning in your child.