Palmetto State E-cademy offers a unique alternative for students who have specific interests or requirements that preclude enrollment in traditional school. Our online school is comprised of the same students you would see in any brick and mortar high school. We have outstanding students who enjoy the opportunity to learn at home rather than in the hustle and bustle of their local high school. Additionally, we have students who travel often, those whose practice requirements for sport or theater demand a more open schedule, and students with special learning requirements.
We are a federally-funded institution that is fully-accredited and sponsored by the South Carolina Public Charter School District, and we do not charge tuition fees.
The online learning environment at PSE involves several core components:
- Face-to-face mentoring/instruction by licensed, highly-qualified teachers in weekly Avatorium virtual classroom sessions and during teacher office hours
- Internet-delivered home-based learning through our customized Virtual Campus
- Project-based online curriculum
- Research-based enrichment coursework
- PSE uses the Google Apps for Education suite of tools for email and to provide students with an online core set of tools for creating documents, presentations, and spreadsheets for course assignments.
- Communication is key! Students can interact and collaborate with their teachers and other students through email, text messaging, live chat, and live Avatorium sessions.
We take pride in our ability to meet the diverse needs of our students. It’s our philosophy that the educational approach should be made to fit the student, not the other way around. Our student-centered approach requires our young people to take a more active role in their education. They must be self-starting, motivated learners. Parents play a significant part in ensuring student success, so we provide a wealth of resources and tools to them.